Wednesday, August 26, 2009

My Summer Plum Crumble

I think one of my favorite things to do when I get home early from work this summer (other than run around with the pups) is to check out Ina Garten (The Barefoot Contessa) on the Food Network. I now own two of her cookbooks (Back to Basics and The Barefoot Contessa Cookbook) and am orchestrating my own little Julia & Julia experiment. Of course, I'm starting backwards... with dessert.

This week I tried her Plum Crunch recipe from Back to Basics. It was quick and easy to make and so far all my taste testers have reported back favorably. I'm thinking the plum mixture (plums, brown sugar, flour and creme de cassis) would be a perfect pie filling as well.

What dessert should I try next? I'm thinking Brownie Pudding.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails