Thursday, April 7, 2011

Happy National Coffee Cake Day

I couldn't help but think today of one of my favorite Seinfeld episodes where Jerry tries to buy Newman's silence with an extra Drake's Coffee Cake.

While trying to find fun facts about coffee cake, I realized it is one of those foods that doesn't have to be what it sounds like. Coffee cakes could be a cake (typically sponge cake) that is made with coffee or coffee flavoring but they are more commonly known as cakes served with coffee for breakfast or with tea. Such cakes are also served with steusel and possibly a light sugar glaze. I chose the latter for this food holiday - loading on that crumbly steusel topping!

Ah, the sweet smell of coffee cake in the air. I think this picture says it all, don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails