- A noodle is a thin and elongated shaped food made from unleavened dough typically boiled in water or fried in oil.
- The word noodle derives from Latin "Nodus" (knot), via German "Nudel" (noodle, pasta).
- The oldest known noodles are from Central Asia (in what is now China).
- Noodles can be made from numerous types of flours: acorn, buckwheat, corn, mung bean, potato, rice and wheat.
- In American cuisine, noodle consumption increases by approximately 20% during colder months.
Here's hoping your March 2011 is also filled with oodles of noodles!
|Keep Calm Arsenal's "Keep Calm and Slurp Noodles" print on Etsy.|