Friday, April 16, 2010

The "Everything but the Kitchen Sink" Grilled Cheese


In a 1958 Wall Street Journal article, General Trudeau said the military services often slow down development of new weapons "because we are such perfectionists that we want everything but the kitchen sink in a weapon." Tonight, I applied the same reasoning when making my grilled cheese sandwich.


I had the heat nice and even on the griddler, got all my ingredients (everything but the kitchen sink) out and then spent 10 minutes deciding how to appropriately layer them. In the end, I decided on Colby Jack, Black Forest ham, Sopressata, provolone, marinated grilled vegetables (tomatoes, onions, green peppers, portabello and button mushrooms, cucumbers and spinach), Havarti, Genoa salami, avocado and then another slice of Colby Jack. And that is how I ended up with perfection!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails