Thursday, April 1, 2010

Thirty Days of Grilled Cheese

I really do love grilled cheese sandwiches and when I found out April was National Grilled Cheese Month (who, by the way, decides these things?), I immediately joked with friends that I would do a "Thirty Days of Grilled Cheese Challenge." No surprise to them as I once wrote an essay (adding fuel to a longstanding cafeteria debate) claiming "forget mustard and ketchup, cheese is the ultimate condiment." So it only seems natural to put my money (or the cheese) where my mouth is, right?

Here are my self-imposed rules for this Iron Chef/Throwdown/Dinner Impossible Challenge:
  1. The Grilled Cheese Challenge runs from April 1-April 30, 2010.
  2. For 30 consecutive days, I must have at least one bite of a grilled cheese sandwich. (I didn't want to say I had to finish the entire sandwich or say I had 30 minutes to eat the entire sandwich. That would just be insane!)
  3. To successfully complete the challenge, I must try 30 different types of grilled cheese sandwiches. (No grilled cheese sandwich recipes or orders can be repeated.)
  4. Grilled cheese sandwiches may be made at home, at family and friends' homes as well as at restaurants. (I am not a grilled cheese snob and I'm also not a millionaire.)
  5. I must write a blog post each day with a description of the grilled cheese sandwich (can include title and ingredients if applicable), where I ate it, and post a picture of the sandwich. (I was going to try to rate all the sandwiches but this is Rule #5 and I think I might already be over-doing it.)
Well, the not-so-secret-ingredient is cheese, so "Allez cuisine!" (PS - Vegas has the odds of me beating this challenge at 30-1. You may also want to check the odds of whether I become lactose intolerant or my cholesterol over-under or how many pounds I'm going to gain this month.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails