Saturday, April 10, 2010

The Grilled "Shrimp Alfredo" Cheese

When I returned home this evening from Washington, DC (totally exhausted from the Arts Education Partnership's recent forum), I knew I had to kiss my dogs, put on my pajamas and have some grilled cheese as soon as possible because I was (am) about to collapse. And even though I was tempted to just make a simple, plain ol' colby jack grilled cheese with tomato soup, I also knew I needed to try a recipe totally out of the norm.

So, tonight I grilled some shrimp, parmesan and mozzarella cheeses, homemade Alfredo sauce (we had saved from earlier this week), basil, and two slices of Italian bread. This was a little nod to the disappointed manager I met last night outside a little Italian cafe - he tried to convince me that grilled ravioli would count for my challenge. As tempting as that offer was, this grilled cheese was definitely worth the wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails