Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Happy National Prime Rib Day

Mr. ink and I have decided there are seven wonders of the meat world, and clearly this prime rib I made is one of them. To create this perfection, I decided the meat should speak for itself. Simplicity with just salt and pepper; no fancy rubs or marinades needed. In a saute pan, unsalted butter bubbled around diced onions and crimini mushrooms. Then I added the beef juices and some extra stock to make a thin "gravy" that I continually spooned over the meat as it cooked slow and low. (And yes,  I sang Patience while I waited.)

Marble is new the hotness.
A little meat to add to your culinary education: "Prime rib" is actually the colloquial term for a standing rib roast. A standing rib roast is a cut of beef from the rib section (usually anywhere from two to seven ribs consist of the roast). A butcher can also slice a standing rib roast to give you rib eye steaks (which will save you quite a bit of money).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails