So this year, the new little man and I have agreed to mix things up and take on the following challenge:
- The National Food Holiday Challenge runs from April 1-April 30, 2011.
- For 30 consecutive days, illegible ink will honor each day's specific National Food Holiday with a blog post and photo of the food being celebrated. To be clear, the photo is of the actual food item illegible ink has eaten. (Posting of recipes are optional.)
- illegible ink must adhere to a strict $40/week or under budget and 80% of these foods must be created by illegible ink at home. (That means if an item is eaten at a restaurant, illegible ink must deduct that amount from the weekly budget. With tax and tip, spend wisely!)
- In Top Chef style, once a week an invited guest judge will throw some sort of additional challenge into the mix. For example, for National Pineapple Upside-Down Cake Day on April 20th, a guest judge might suggest that illegible ink make the cake with only one hand. (Please do not suggest I bake something while actually being upside down.)
- And I've saved the best part for last: in honor of my favorite April National Food Holidays, I will create a commemorative print available for sale on Etsy starting May 1st.
Let the games begin! Stay tuned for April's first National Food Holiday post.
|Love this organic apron from Chef Republic on Etsy!|