Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Happy National Grilled Cheese Day

The illegible ink home is living the "cheese dream" tonight. Actually, "the cheese dream" is the description of an open-faced version of a grilled cheese sandwich (consisting of bread, butter and cheese) that became popular during the Great Depression because the ingredients were easily available.

Grilled Cheese & Company's BCT, Sweetest Thing and Blue Ox.
Mr. ink and I were looking through last April's Grilled Cheese blog and were having a hard time deciding which one was our favorite. Each day seemed to get better and better. But I guess if I had to eat just one more tonight, I might opt for the Pain Perdu Grilled Cheese or the Grilled Cheese n' Waffles. (They were dessert sandwiches, after all.) Then again, I could eat the Grilled Saltimbocca Cheese, Green Acre Grilled Cheese, Grilled Cheese Eggs Ellen... Well, you get the idea. Maybe Fox will want to do Thirty Days of Grilled Cheese in 2012 with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails